Can you believe it’s that time of year already?
This time last year, Bridey and I were preparing to join a panel hosted by Mint Digital to discuss best practice for brands and Instagram for Social Media Week. Since then a great deal has happened. The agency is now nine months old and nine people strong. We are working with clients in Stockholm, Berlin, New York City and Singapore along with our lovely UK-based companies. And all this reminds us that the world is very small when you work with social. I see it as a unifier, a leveller – something that brings us all together regardless of timezone.
I guess that’s why I’ve always been a fan of Social Media Week. Its a time dedicated to knowledge-sharing in cities all over the world. We look to our peers for best practice, innovation and technology changes that will shape and impact our work going forward.
So we’re all fully behind this year’s SMW with five events (and counting). Full details of the events Cult will be involved with listed below. We look forward to meeting you!
- The Future of the Fashion Show
- Can it be predicted? Naturally. In fact the future of the fashion show is already here with Digital Fashion Week. Based in Singapore, DFW is the first live-streamed shoppable fashion week. Joining DFW on the panel will be some very exciting leaders in the industry – all TBA in the coming weeks. Join us for this event if you are fascinated by the connection between two of the wealthiest industries in the world.
- Social Media Train Wrecks – Prevention And Cure For Your Business
- In partnership with our new, good friends and the most hipster law firm in London Temple Bright, this is hosted at our offices on Rivington Street. The event is for any business looking to avoid a legal headache when using social, protect your brand reputation online and avoid social media train wrecks oft reported in the tech press.
- The Power of Social in Film & TV
- We’ve been making friends this year and Women in Film and TV is one of them. We’re co-hosting this event for WFTV members and SMW attendees looking to learn about the impact of social on these industries. It’s not just second screen that’s changing the landscape and our panel will be challenging all current trends and forecasting the future for this diverse sector.
- Links, Lies and E-commerce – we reveal the truth about blogging
- Our client data power-house Twingly is coming to the UK. With massive success in linking brands with bloggers in Sweden this tech company will be presenting brand new research for those working in e-commerce. Think bloggers aren’t important? Think again. Can’t wait to see you there – the venue will be gorgeous.
- Fancy a job in social media? Our team will be giving you all the tips you need to stand out from the swelling crowd. 70% of the Cult team graduated in the last three years, so we have the practical knowledge of what works and what doesn’t. There may also be the opportunity of a job for any smart cookies that come along.