The role of a Conceptual Designer at Cult LDN is to interpret and implement our creative vision across a broad array of projects. The ideal candidate will have a strong design background with experience designing for campaigns, digital, social and moving image as a plus.
Your role is to bring the magic to any idea, to elevate the agencies thinking but at the same time bring your own conceptual ideas in the making. You’ll be working closely with creative teams and the ACDs and ECD to develop client projects and pitches into world-class visual and creative directions.
You’ll be dynamic, thorough and enquiring approach will be required as the Conceptual Designer will be involved in a wide range of projects and executions, with timelines spanning from the immediate to the long term. Fitting in as part of a wider creative team and the ability to collaborate effectively is also crucial.
You’ll be famous for your ideas, thinking and especially your craft. You’ll be a leader in craft and be known for your style and visual magic you bring to any project. You’ll take any idea and turn it into world-class visual language brilliance. The Conceptual Designer will work across all big brand 360 campaigns, digital and social campaigns and report to the ACD.
- Problem-solve through design and visual direction on conceptual briefs where needed
- Bring conceptual thinking to brainstorms and meetings and your execution.
- Design for a broad range of projects including brand campaigns, branding, digital, social and moving image as a plus.
- Bring to life conceptual ideas across the whole agency roster of clients and pitches
- To bring the craft, the magic and flair to all agency clients and agency delivery of ideas and projects
- Share knowledge of design techniques, formats and software knowledge
- Creation of digital design assets for use on social media platforms.
- Strong understanding and knowledge of social and digital formats
- The ability to mock up any ask, from decks, to traditional ads, to experiences.
- To present ideas/executions in the most effective way through visual language
- To maintain a high visual standard
- The highest attention to detail
- Be a design and visual language brand ambassador for all agency brands
- Keeping up to date with emerging digital formats and best practice.
- Collaborate with the Art Directors & Client Services to problem solve
- To bring fresh ideas and approaches by combining cultural awareness with an enquiring mind.
- Run and manage photoshoots which you have concepted and designed from brief to delivery
ESSENTIAL SKILLS & APTITUDES
Advanced knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite.
- Experience working with After Effects, Premier Pro or other video editing software.
- Experience creating gifs and social assets
- An understanding of photo retouching, video editing and animation. Sector knowledge and understanding of best practice
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of social formats and digital best practice
- Show willing and enthusiasm towards any project no matter how big or small
- Excellent presentation skills with the ability to communicate a concept or idea
- A true problem solver that’s full of flair
- An acute eye for detail
- A team player with the ability to work under own initiative
- Able to work quickly, accurately and under pressure
- Flexible, adaptable and diplomatic
- Able to take on new ideas and direction
- Effective communication and organisation skills
- Positive and forward-thinking
- Professional attitude to work at all times