As a financial controller at Cult LDN + NYC, you should have experience of working within creative agencies, and a willingness to learn about our business. Excellent team playing skills are a requisite – we are a growing team that really value company culture. Your main focus will be the strategic development of the finance function, including financial forecasting and day to day management of financial operations, cash flow and the P&L across the business, with offices currently in London and New York. This is a key role, working as part of the Management Team, and into the CEO, COO and Consultant CFO.
All this, whilst providing an impeccable service to clients and team day-to-day. Building team spirit and morale is vital to your role, your focus is to lead by example and develop methods to strategically handle relationships with peers, clients, and partner suppliers. You will represent Cult and are actively encouraged to attend industry events.
PURPOSE OF ROLE
We require this role to be responsible for leading and coordinating the management of the business’ finances. Acting as the main point of contact for clients, the internal team, and external advisers, this is a key position in a rapidly growing agency, working with all key stakeholders across the business. You will need to be highly organised, hands-on and with the experience and ability to facilitate strong growth through developing systems and processes; providing robust, and timely reporting and analysis.
You will communicate and troubleshoot at all levels and liaise with the management team advising them on the business’ financial strategy to ensure a coordinated approach to growing the business.
- Day to day control of finance function
- Ensuring timely production and monitoring of Budgets, Forecasts, Management and Annual Accounts
- Ensuring adequate internal controls are in place to warrant the completeness and accuracy of all information
- Producing KPI reporting to facilitate management decision-making processes
- Implementing and improving month end management accounting processes
- Reconciliation of key balance sheet & P&L accounts
- Monthly, quarterly and annual forecasting & analysis
- Cash Flow Forecasting and monitoring
- Maintaining Xero accounting package
- Payment of suppliers
- Manage and process staff expenses, petty cash and credit cards
- Preparation of quarterly VAT returns
- Review of Payroll and liaison with company accountants
- Autonomy to implement systems and process improvements
- This role currently forms the full internal Finance function, complemented with external professionals. However, a review is underway to identify the most effective and efficient way to continue to deliver excellence as the business scales, including the potential to outsource admin elements to external partners and/or creating a new junior role to work into the Financial Controller
ESSENTIAL SKILLS & APTITUDES
- Leadership and management strength
- Sector knowledge and understanding of the best practice
- Excellent presentation skills with the ability to communicate a concept or idea
- An acute eye for detail
- Analytical experience – demonstrated through communications with team and clients
- A team player with the ability to work under own initiative
- Able to work quickly, accurately and under pressure
- Flexible, adaptable and diplomatic
- Excellent at communicating with team, clients and external advisers
- Professional attitude at all times