Head of Strategy
The Head of Strategy and Innovation will be responsible for the leading, developing and implementing the strategic direction of Cults clients base. Working alongside the senior management team, this role will see the Head of Strategy and Innovation leading a team of strategists and working in a highly collaborative, team-oriented environment with the aim of winning new business and implementing award-winning strategies across some of the most recognised and celebrated brands in the world.
Working closely with the Creative Director and Head of Client Services, as Head of Strategy and Innovation (HoSI) you will lead the strategic direction of both our existing clients and work with a pitch team to go out and win new business. You will be a digital veteran with extensive knowledge of social communications, ideally having also worked in a creative environment. Having a passion for emerging technologies you will ensure we are always pushing, not only our clients but the rest of the agency to innovate. You will be brave in your approach but ensure that all strategies are rooted in insight, customer need/behaviours and emerging trends
You will hold relationships with key clients, developing strategic solutions and plans that best fit the agency and clients’ needs both in London and working out of our New York office and so must be available to travel.
As well as leading all client strategies, you will guide, mentor and grow the strategy team ensuring we are leading the way in best practice and forming our own Cult way of delivering strategy.
As the agency grows, you will feed in to and lead new internal innovation projects to help grow and develop our products and offerings to ensure we are always evolving to meet our clients and agency needs.
- Examining clients’ businesses to get to know their brands and understand their objectives
- Ability to identify strategic needs, lead all aspects of planning with sound business recommendations, and generate alignment with key business partners
- Highly motivated, with a proven track record of building clients and expansion of client accounts
- Have a strong appreciation for market trends, customer insight and emerging trends
- Keep up–to–date with the latest developments in technology
- Excellent communicator and engaging presenter
- Track record of managing and mentoring a team, with high integrity and the ability to inspire others
- Ability to manage multiple business and clients initiatives in an entrepreneurial environment
- Deep understanding of a wide range of sectors, markets and brands with a focus of beauty and lifestyle
- Act as an outward facing thought leader, showcasing Cults experience and knowledge of the sector
Essential skills and aptitude
- Minimum of ten years experience digital/marketing/communications strategy experience in integrated, digital, creative and brand communications
- A proven track record of increasing company turnover with evidence of growing business year on year
- Proven track record of successfully identifying and converting new business opportunities
- Sector knowledge and understanding of best practice
- Ability to communicate knowledgeably about social and digital strategies
- An acute eye for detail
- Analytical experience – demonstrated through communications with the team and clients
- Proven experience in leading high profile pitches and understanding what is required as part of the response
- A team player with the ability to work under own initiative
- Experience managing a wide variety of stakeholders and senior personnel to achieve the desired outcome
- Able to work quickly, accurately and under pressure
- Flexible, adaptable and diplomatic
- Excellent at communicating with team, clients and prospects
- Leadership and management experience
- Professional attitude to work at all times