Mid Weight Art Director
Overall purpose of job
Working directly with and reporting to the ACD & ECD, the Art Director will work tirelessly to affect and shape behaviour of our consumers and direct that audience through ideas, design, creative strategy and creativity.
Your role will be to break boundaries through your thinking and execution. You’ll be a problem solver at heart who only interest is breaking new ground with their work. You’ll have a love for innovation and apply this through your thinking.
You will be responsible for the creation of ideas and concepts in line with client projects and pitch opportunities. As a Art Director at Cult NYC, you will lead, direct, and develop ideas and design, you will be a creative evangelist raising the bar and pushing quality and brilliance.
You’ll support your peers and creatives around you by leading by example with your thinking and craft. The Art Director will work across a full 360 spectrum, covering everything from above the line brand campaigns to digital and social campaigns.
- Art direction and ideation for a broad range of projects across the full client roster and pitches for new business.
- Working with the team around you’ll develop conceptual ideation and oversee projects from brief to delivery with high levels of attention to detail and craft.
- Inject and apply expert knowledge in art direction delivering your visual vision from start to finish.
- Working with the ACD & ECD on pitches from start to finish. To contribute and collaborate to ensure that pitches maintain a consistent and concise look & feel/creative direction
- Assist the creative team in story boarding and visualisation – concept to outcome,(written TOV, visual mockups and overall direction /flow of the pitch deck)
- To help inspire and motivate Cult NYC clients to be creatively progressive and innovative, through the application of beautiful and imaginative imagery
- To ensure the highest level of visual execution across all digital and social campaigns and ongoing projects
- Taking ownership across multiple high profile projects at any one time
- Supporting junior members of the creative department through their work and problem solving with them to help them learn and grow
- Delegate tasks to designers and artworks and wider production team where appropriate whilst overseeing their progress and delivery.
- Educate members of the creative team in ways of working to enable fluid productivity.
- Appraising the work of the design and creative team and delivering constructive direction and feedback
- Working with the wider team to help discover inventive ways to combine unfolding and emerging new technologies to showcase new campaigns.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS & APTITUDES
- Brave world class thinker
- Disruptive award winning crafts person
- Integrated thinker
- Big conceptual talent
- Deliver big ideas that can create change in our world.
- Able to stand in front of any client and crowd and present convincingly through their storytelling
- High levels of professionalism and manner
- Treat people how you’d like to be treated
- Collaborative openness
- Top sector knowledge and understanding of visual and design best practice
- Ability to communicate knowledgeably and persuasively about creative, social and digital strategies
- Excellent understanding of the social and digital development process, across both strategy and creative
- Excellent time management and communication to wider agency departments
- Finger on the pulse of advertising and industry trends
- An acute eye for detail
- Analytical experience – demonstrated through communications with the team and clients
- A team player with the ability to work under own initiative
- Able to work quickly, accurately and under pressure
- Flexible, adaptable and diplomatic
- Excellent at communicating with internal team and externally to clients