Cult is a fiercely independent creative agency. We believe in embracing the unknown, we only work with people that are willing to break new ground to solve old problems in new ways.
Resource allocation is a business-critical function which enables quality client delivery, manages operational risk, and helps our talent to develop. This role is part of a newly formed, small and specialist resourcing team. The role reports into the Operations Director and works closely with senior leaders overseeing resources across the UK & US in a high growth business.
You will be determining personnel requirements, providing ongoing support to project managers, and collaborating on resource management with multiple teams within our organisation.
To ensure success as a resource manager, you should possess extensive knowledge of resource allocation and ideally have experience in a similar industry. A first-class resource manager will be someone who can accurately assess resource needs and provide sufficient capacity to realise projects’ goals.
Salary: £40,000 + Company Benefits (based on experience)
Location: Remotely with the option to come into our office in Shoreditch Works.
- Manage the day to day resourcing for Cult LDN using Paprika to ensure projects are correctly staffed at all times
- Assign available staff to projects based on their skills and experience.
- Hire new staff in accordance with project budgets
- Monitor employee utilisation, workload, and overtime hours
- Mitigate resource concerns by reallocating resources, adjusting goals, or assigning additional staff
- Traffic management of staff to ensure projects are briefed in a timely manner and the time planner is accurate at all times
- Work with Department Leads to ensure we match staff and skills to project tasks
- Identify resource clashes in advance and liaise with department heads to resolve any conflicts
- Lead projects from start to finish including planning, kick off, execution, through to delivery management
- Ensure resources are secure for the project duration working directly with Project Management and Operations teams
- Schedule internal resource meetings with necessary team members
- Interpret and take briefs from department heads in order to hire required freelancers
- Document processes and maintain project records
- Ensure timesheets are entered on the system in a timely manner and process time records
- Assist HR with setting up new employees across all platforms
- Train new employees on how to use our software most efficiently
- Manage tech inventory records and plan for any upcoming needs
- Order new devices from our IT suppliers as needed
- 3-5 years As a Resource Manager or similar.
- Resourceful, self-starter, with a knack for quick problem solving
- Creative Agency or In-House Creative background required
- Multitask and detail oriented
- Experience working directly with creative teams
- Understanding of the creative process including timing, effort and appropriate skill sets.
- Proficiency in human resources and project management software.
- Experience in managing budgets.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Exceptional organisational and time-management skills.
- Technology skill sets: Paprika, Microsoft Office, Google Docs/Drive, understanding of Adobe Creative Cloud
This position requires a calm, strong, intelligent, intuitive personality. This person must be able to maintain a positive attitude, respond efficiently to requests, and communicate with people politely and effectively at all different levels. This position allows for the producer to work with a collaborative team, interacting with exceptional talent, while offering support to the production team at the highest level.